Starting at a new school can be a daunting experience. The following are some steps you can take BEFORE school starts to help your child get ready for Robots and Mud Pies π Preschool.
Preparing Your Child for Preschool
1. As soon as you register your child at a school, ask to bring your child for a visit one or two times before the first day of school.
2. Attend story time at the library or at a book store, or sign your child up for a class through the County Department of Recreation and Parks. Activities like this will give your child experience in a group setting with an adult who is not his parent.
3. Read to your child every day.
4. Help your child become independent in daily routine activities such as hand washing, eating, drinking from a cup with no top, and using the bathroom (if already potty trained.)
5. Take your child outside to play often so they can learn to love outdoor play. We will be playing outside every day!!!
6. Help your child get into a good routine for the day and night. Eating at regular times and getting enough sleep help children stay healthy and happy. Being healthy and happy makes it easier to adjust to new situations.
7. Read the Parent Handbook and other information on the Robots and Mud Pies π Preschool website. The more you know about our preschool program, the more comfortable you will feel and this will help your child feel comfortable too.
8. Complete all paperwork, including the “Getting to Know Your Child” form so the teachers know more about their likes and dislikes. Hand these in before school starts.
9. Attend the Open House in August and have your child attend the Phase-in Visits the week before school starts.
10. And finally, let us know if your child or you are having problems adjusting to preschool!